Phaidon Press is seeking a highly motivated and organised Production Controller to join their busy production team based in our London headquarters.
You will be responsible for the complete production process of new English language titles, from concept to delivery at port, reporting directly to the Production Managers.
Working closely with the Editorial Department and outside Designers, the ideal candidate will already be working in a four colour environment, have an amazing eye for colour and the ability to realise design visions at the very highest quality levels.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Proven experience of working in a four-colour book production environment
- Experience of working in a creative environment, with good knowledge of printing, binding and non-standard techniques / sourcing
- Proactive approach, with the ability to act on initiative and problem solve
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to multi-task and manage a busy, varied workflow with good communication and administrative skills
- Solid working experience of InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Word and Excel is essential.
Only candidates with the Experience / Skills Required will be considered.
Preference will be given to those candidates with prior experience of working for a visual arts publisher.
Junior Design Assistants
Phaidon Press often require junior design and/or art-workers to assist in their London offices with the layout of large-scale projects.
Recent design graduates interested in fixed-term work should send their CVs or portfolios to Sarah Boris, Design Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.